Becoming a TV Star - some important rules to keep in mind
Like any other profession, the TV industry also has some golden rules which to abide by in order to be successful. In order to reach the top and become a TV star, your child has to carefully follow the rules set out below.
- Your child's dress code should fit in with the character to be played.
- Friendliness and politeness are of the utmost importance when your child interacts with other people on the set.
- In order to become a TV star your child should learn the script as received; nothing on it should be changed.
- Auditions are the only way to get acting jobs. Take your child to as many as possible.
- Having your child on time for auditions is non-negotiable.
- Your child should respect the director at all times, and do just as she/he says.
- Your child should never leave the set without permission from the director or his assistant.
- Criticizing another actor's performance is totally taboo.
- You as parents or guardians are the only ones to discuss your child's fees on behalf of him/her, and it should thus be kept private at all times.
- Silence is of the utmost importance on the set. Your child should understand this.
- Patience is a key factor that your child should learn from a very young age if she/he is to become a great actor/actress.
- Becoming a TV star requires your child to keep himself/herself busy while waiting for his/her turn.
- If your child is willing to work hard in this industry, she/he will reap the rewards in due time.
Register your child with Kids on Camera - Your Johannesburg based kids casting agency.
What Our Clients Say
I am very impressed with how fast your agency sourced auditions for my son Asante. I'm looking forward to working with you.
Once again thank you, I really appreciate it is not long she registered with you but she started to work already. I'm positive that more work is coming for her and she really enjoys it.
Hi Natasha, just updating you about the audition you sent us to on Saturday for Oreo. It went well & hopefully will hear from them and thank you so much for the hard work you do.
This is Thato Rakhatoes mother, I saw the PQ catalogue with Thato in it. I am so happy and I want to thank you.
Morning Tash, thank u so much for landing me that job. It was an amazing experience getting to meet new people and interacting with them.