Preparing the script for Kids Movie Auditions
As soon as your child is supplied with a part of a script, she/he should read through it a couple of times in order to have a good understanding regarding the character she/he is supposed to portray at the kids movie audition. Part of the preparation is to do some research regarding the character that your child will be portraying.
Question the age of the character, where the character is from, traits and personality of the character, and what the character's role is within the movie. Only after doing this will your child most likely have a better understanding of the script supplied. Wearing the right clothes and being confident and in the right frame of mind is some other important aspects relating to kids movie auditions. During the kids movie audition, your child should be prepared for anything. While some casting directors will get right down to business, others will ask your child a few questions about either himself/herself or about the movie or just about acting in general. It is expected of your child to answer in a professional manner.
Your child will only get one chance to make a first impression. The performance during the kids movie audition should speak to the casting director and make him believe that your child is by far the best possible candidate for the role. If this was in actual fact the case, your child will either be invited back again for a second kids movie audition or receive the great news that she/he got the movie role.
Tips for kids movie auditions - Make your child stand out during his / her next movie audition
- Make sure your child's headshot is what he or she currently looks like (age, hairstyle etc.) When going for kids movie auditions, the production company is looking for a certain style and look, and it will be more beneficial for your child's photo to be kept updated.
- What should your child wear to the kids movie auditions? Kids should dress casual and comfortable when going to a kids movie audition. Don't apply too much make-up or style hair excessively.
- Study the script (no matter how short) to determine why the actor needs to say the certain words, and how. Practice the script in different styles and tones, so that your child is prepared for certain requests by directors during the kids movie auditions.
- Make sure becoming a TV actor is something your child wants to do. There is no point in dragging and forcing your child to go to kids acting auditions if they don't enjoy it.
- Never interrupt or coach your child while he or she is in the audition room. Let them take the stage.
What Our Clients Say
I am very impressed with how fast your agency sourced auditions for my son Asante. I'm looking forward to working with you.
Once again thank you, I really appreciate it is not long she registered with you but she started to work already. I'm positive that more work is coming for her and she really enjoys it.
Hi Natasha, just updating you about the audition you sent us to on Saturday for Oreo. It went well & hopefully will hear from them and thank you so much for the hard work you do.
This is Thato Rakhatoes mother, I saw the PQ catalogue with Thato in it. I am so happy and I want to thank you.
Morning Tash, thank u so much for landing me that job. It was an amazing experience getting to meet new people and interacting with them.
Training for kids movie audition with Kids on Camera
When you register your child with Kids on Camera, leading kids casting agency, you will aslo have the option of bringing your child to audition training sessions. Your child will be taught how to act, what to say and all the other do?s and don?ts during his or her kids movie auditions. Your child will be more prepared when going for kids movie audition, when they know what to expect.Contact Kids on Camera today to get kids movie auditions in Johannesburg for your child.